Also known as the “Palacio Episcopal”, the Bishop’s Palace is one of the historical attractions in Bacolod. 46 years ago, before the construction of the cathedral church, Fr. Julian Gonzaga established this palace. It is located at the left side of the San Sebastian Cathedral. The building of the Bishop’s Palace started in 1830 and ended in the 1890’s.
This infrastructure is considered historical since the Spanish Military and civic officials sought refuge in this building on November 5. That event was known as the 1898 revolution or Cinco de Noviembre.
The Bishop’s Palace is located along Rizal Street, in front of Bacolod City Plaza. West of it is Manokan Country, where the famous Chicken Inasal is found. Just a walking distance away is the SM City Bacolod.
Being in the center of the city, this landmark becomes a “passersby” attraction. It is rich in history, tradition, and culture.